Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Sucker for a Cheesy Young Love Poem

I love this song. I've been trying to figure it out for about a month; only catching snippets of it here or there on my way to work. In the end, I used my cell to record the song on the radio and then used my husband's iPhone's song recognition software to identify the artist.

It's awkward, and the poetry isn't any more spectacular than what you would have found in a late night coffeehouse from a few woebegone smokers nursing unrequited love and a latte.

But it's catchy, and I love it.

The Airborne Toxic Event - "Sometime Around Midnight"

Then she leaves, with someone you don’t know.
But she makes sure you saw her.
She looks right at you and bolts.
As she walks out the door,
your blood boiling
your stomach in ropes.
And when your friends say,
“What is it? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

No comments: