Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Field Trip Finale

I don't like adults* on field trips -- and that includes me, too.

However, the kids today were wonderful.

While I'm still not ready to say that this trip was worth all the needless stress it caused me, I would do it again in a heart beat - because now I'll have the knowledge necessary.

Also, I totally know how I would teach these stories.

"The Necklace"- Read only half and have the kids write their own ending.
"The Monkey's Paw" - Have a paw, do the dramatized version, and have them do a for sale sign for the paw.** (And, of course, the Simpsons' version.)
"The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" - Read the graphic version. Write a poem from the frog's perspective.

*Most adults, but not all.
**Stole this idea from another teacher at school.

No comments: