Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It sucked.

Terry was right. It sucked.

I waded through the whole book in just days, only to be rewarded with no battle! After my last post, the threat of the Volturi (the vampire royalty) finally emerged. And my reading motivation perked up! A battle! A fight preparation! Death!

But, alas, the Volturi came and they made up and everyone lived happily ever after! Seriously.

Ugh.

Throughout the first three books, Bella defines herself only in comparison to Edward. In this book, she finally becomes immortal and gains equal footing with the Cullens. This could have been a great opportunity for character development. Bella becomes a mother and comes to learn that she has one of the most valuable supernatural powers around, but she is still defined by Edward.

Here's a blog post with comments that I totally dig: http://electrolicious.com/2008/08/my-breaking-dawn-review

No comments: