Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mel Loves New England

We're due for another storm tonight. Some snow, a lot of ice. It will be real mess of a morning.

But I love New England.

I love that it snows so often. It's rarely a damp cold, which I hate. I love the low 30s and below. And when it's so cold out, you feel like your breath was sucked out of you. Truthfully, we don't see those days very often in Connecticut, but in Maine we did.

Also I love the word wicked. I don't use it myself very often, but it's a totally awesome word.

Just today I asked the kids to differentiate using a comma versus a colon in a letter greeting. One of my students replied, "You use the colon for wicked formal letters."

We wrote the rule down just like that.

Random Updates
Reading Right Now: Prince Caspian
On Deck: My Sister's Keeper
Personal White Whales:
1. Adding narration to a slide show
2. Is there a download for NetExtender for Mac users with an older operating system? Ugh! Can no one answer this question?

No comments: